Monday, March 21, 2005

April 24 is Worldwide Pinhole Photography day

So there I was in the bathtub, thinking about photography (yeah, I know) and suddenly I decided to start exploring pinhole photography. Below are a couple links that I found (after I got out; no I do NOT take the laptop into the tub with me). Anyways, I am currently looking at making a pinhole camera or two and working on a set of pinhole shots. Some of the possibilies are amazing, and it is probably the cheapest way to make a photo.

Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day - obviously

The Pinhole Gallery - A good all-around site for info and great examples of pinhole work.

Pinhole Resource - Great all-around site for info, charts, etc. They also make and sell a number of pinhole cameras (like the de Vinci models) and even 35mm camera body caps for pinhole photography on your high-tech SLR--gotta love the poetry in that. This site is great for the technical details, such as hole size to focal length to exposure time.

Kodak Site: How To Make a Pinhole Camera - Some useful info from Kodak

Photo.net article on pinhole photography - A very good history and how-to on pinhole photography.

I'm making my first camera now, and will post what I make here by the day :) Maybe a trip to 165th street East to do an hommage to that famouse photomosaic "Pearblossom Highway" that is in the Getty. Something with gravesites too. Hmm. The possibilities are endless.


No comments: