Saturday, October 30, 2004

NaNoWriMo - Taking the Plunge

50,000 words. One Month. No Problem.

I have decided to take the plunge and try the National Novel Writing Month challenge. This means I will be writing, a lot. My goal is 1500 words a day, so that if I have to study, play soccer dad or have to have another appendectomy, I will still be able to make the novel goal.

The contest starts Nov 1, and that is when I can start writing. It ends Nov. 30, and that is when I party.

I have little idea what my novel will be about, just a couple of characters and a basic outline, some background work, and a choice of genre.

If you are interested, I will be posting my novel in a blog format, which I will link from this one. Please don't judge my writing prowess off of what you read, though. 50,000 words in one month means no revision (or precious little). The revising will all happen in December, assuming what I have is worth revision. We shall see.

Tune in to see my novel take shape. And if you are a writer, don't be a coward. Sign up.

No comments: